that you have taken this time to consider the matter and that you have had two nights and all day yesterday to deliberate. You are probably ready now to give me a definite answer, and I am ready to hear your decision.
GAY BAY GOB BOW:- When we were here together night before last, we said at that time that $10.00 per acre would be the price we would ask for that land. There was a mistake made, we didn't mean to ask $10.00, it was $5.00. It was $5.00 an acre that we meant, and therefore we want to put this price of $5.00 per acre before you for your consideration. But if you will not give us $5.00 an acre we will insist upon $4.00 per acre, and will not accept any thing less. We wish to hear if you will allow us $4.00 per acre.
My friend we hare been meeting here for quite a long time now, and of course the Indians hare wished to talk over matters, and find out which would be the best for them, and for that reason we hare taken so much time. This year has been very uncomfortable and I think now that we ought to come to an understanding and conclude our agreement today if possible. We put this matter before you for your consideration and we want you to think it over and see if you can agree with our wishes after you hare given it due consideration.
Mr. McLAUGHLIN:- My friends, we are now very close together as to price. It is certainly very gratifying to me to hear your proposition of this morning. It would afford me great pleasure to meet your wishes as to the price, and while there is some discretionary power vested in me in this matter, you must bear in mind that any agreement we may conclude must be such as will meet with Department approval and ratification by Congress. It would be absurd to enter into an agreement with you that I know would be rejected, and must therefore be such as I have reason to expect will meet with approval. If you people will promise me to pay for the improvements of those