STATE OF MINNESOTA )
COUNTY OF CASS )
Your affiant, Christopher Bedeau, being first duly sworn on oath, swears that:
1. That I previously worked as the Interim Tribal Referral Director and Energy Coordinator for the Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe (LLBO).
2. That I am providing this affidavit to describe the circumstances of my interrogation by Ned Tripp, Chief of Internal Investigations, Rodney White and Chet Carlson on October 28, 2004.
3. That I was under the impression I was meeting with employees of the LLBO regarding internal accounting matters.
4. That at the beginning of this meeting Ned Tripp recited a Miranda Warning to me and I noticed that he had a gun and badge on his belt.
5. That at no time did Ned Tripp identify himself as a law enforcement officer other than the visual cues of a gun, badge and the Miranda Warning.
6. That I was in a closed, private office and made to feel like I was being subjected to an arrest-like interrogation by LLBO employees.
7. That the interrogation was tape recorded and a transcript was provided for my Unemployment Insurance appeal hearing for January 13, 2005. (See copy attached).
8. That during the hearing when it was discovered that Ned Tripp was actually a law enforcement officer licensed by the Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training Board.
9. The Ned Tripp was asked if he identified himself as a police officer and he couldn’t remember and when asked if a police complaint or charge had been filed he stated that none had been filed.
10. That I have since become aware of other LLBO employees who have also been interrogated by Ned Tripp and been subjected to Miranda Warnings.